June 21, 2015

Review: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder & Hyaluronic Skin Tint


So I finally went on the Hourglass bandwagon, and let me tell you, am I ever so pleased. I've been hearing a lot of great things when it comes to Hourglass; and when I finally tried it, my makeup routine changed.



(makeup routine coming soon!)

What I really wanted to try was the Ambient powder, and then I ended up with both the powder AND the skin tint. First of all, I wanted to try the powder because it claims to illuminate your skin. At first I was skeptical because I'm already a grease ball, and I didn't want to look even more shiny.

Yay me.

Anyway...lately I've been trying to go for the no makeup makeup look, and I wanted to try in combo with the skin tint.
When I did my full face (skin tint, concealer, bronzer, blush, eyebrows, tinted lip balm) I got a stiff buffing brush and buffed out all of my hard work with the Ambient powder.
What? Am I crazy you say? Well...yes I am. But that's not the point.
Buffing the face with the powder gave me a soft focus look, also with the intent to fill in my pores with the powder using this technique. Before you scream at me, let me state that I am NOT a professional MUA. I just do what I thinks works best for me.

And oh boy did this magic powder work.  My face looked softer, healthy and glowy.
For added highlight, I used a soft powder brush and lightly dusted the powder under my eyes, tip of my nose and cupids bow. This powder definitely has a beautiful finish.

Now the skin tint:
Since I was already in the Hourglass section, I thought I might as well get a foundation as well.
Going towards the natural look, I decided the skin tint would work for me.
On the box it says to use your fingers or brush, but no sponge.
I thought to myself, nahh I make my own rules and I'm going to stick with my beauty blender.
Well...I'm glad I didn't follow the instructions, cause I now know to follow instructions. LOL
The beauty blender didn't serve it justice, it was difficult for me to blend it seamlessly and I was losing product in the sponge.
Next!
Using my fingertips made such a huge difference, it blended beautifully and I only needed half-dime size of product. It made my skin look like skin but better. Oh and it has spf! One less step to the makeup routine.

The finish has a subtle glow to it which is really nice for spring/summer. Even applied with my fingers, it didn't cake around the nose like some foundations do to me. However, for my oily skin it didn't last all day. Which is ok with me because it fades nicely. But if you really want it to stay longer add a setting powder and it should help.

Overall, I love these products and they really work for me and what I'm looking for in makeup.
So pleased, that I'm looking at more Hourglass products.

What have you tried? What would you recommend?


Hourglass Hyaluronic Skin Tint : Golden | Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder: Dim Light


*Disclaimer: All these products were purchased by me. Color enhancement on the eyes were by me*



2 comments:

  1. gorgeous blog, post. you are so pretty! I have not tried this product but now I am tempted to give it a shot. I feel like I tried hourglass maybe, many years ago when I first started getting serious about makeup but I cannot remember.

    xoxo
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks! Thanks girl! :-)
      Hourglass is a little pricey but it's totally worth it. For me, I have oily skin with dryness around my nose but so far so good. Get a sample and try it out. :-)

      Delete