June 1, 2015

Walking through Clarion


Moving to San Francisco was a huge transition for me. I didn't realize the impact this city would have on me; but as soon as I settled in and made the decision to stay was incredible. I've learned so much about this city - the people, the community, the lifestyle etc. You're probably thinking, "Ok Chloe, SF is just like any other city what's the big deal?".


Well...let me say no it's not like any city. It's so much more than that. Now on the surface you see a lot in the media that SF is full of techies and SF is a very wealthy metropolitan city. And yes, that may be all true but that's not what SF really is.
Aside that SF have so much history and so much wealth, there is a lot of poverty. As SF started to grow, came a lot of gentrification. A lot of families that lived here for years and years, were either bought out or literally pushed out. As much as I love SF, I really do believe people out there should know her deepest secrets. Although this city is full of activists, and prides itself is human rights I believe there are more ignorance with most of the people that live here.

So walking through Clarion, a small alleyway that displays local graffiti artists' work, is a great spot to know more about this city. Some murals are straight forward and some just showcases talent.


So if you're ever in the city whether you live here or not, Clarion St. is definitely a spot to check out





Sweater: Aritzia | Jeans: Zara (similar) | Boots: Nordstrom | Bag: Urban Outfitters (similar) | Sunglasses: Top Shop



No comments:

Post a Comment