July 18, 2015

What's been going on


So It's been awhile.

I recently moved house, and It's taken most of my time. From renting a room in the mission, to now living in a large 2 bedroom flat. *relieved sigh*
Oh it feels so good. But filling and decorating my place with furniture and art is time consuming. I'm just very thankful that the BF and I have similar taste. *deeper relieved sigh* Our place still has a lot of more work but It's been pretty fun finding original pieces.

house tour coming soon!


Feeling guilty, I've created a collage on what's been going on in my cray cray mind lately.


Inspired by Alyssa's Collage-ing 101 post, I put together some things that's been going on this month. Here's the breakdown:

/let's start with Satu Maaranen. I stumbled across her work on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with her prints. She's a Finish-born Fashion Designer and artist of hand painted prints and sculptural shapes.

/Nest's Dahlia & Vines has been my go-to every day perfume. It has a fresh floral scent with a touch of sweetness. It lasts for a very long time and is great for summer.

/Rahua is an all natural line. Their volume line is great and really deep cleans my scalp and hair without stripping out the color. Although others finds it hard to lather because of all the natural ingredients, the second lather seems to work for me. (I always shampoo my hair twice)

/Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre has been used by a lot of makeup artists, and I always wondered what the big deal was. I have oily and sensitive skin with a dry surface. I know...odd. So it was hard to find a moisturizer that tackles all 3 without breakouts. And this magic cream is it. Oh! And it also can act as a primer ;-) your welcome.

/I took a lot of photos testing out this camera the BF uses for work, and I came up with a few good self portraits. But the designer in myself played around with color and texture.

/Trying to keep my creative mind going, and for the love of color and geometric shapes I played around and came up with a few prints. Here's one.

/I cam across Vladimir Tretchikoff's Miss Wong while I was hunting for furniture. The seller had great mid century pieces, but his original print of Miss Wong caught my eye. Unfortunately he already sold it to a collector, but with endless nights of research I finally have my hands on one.

/Unpacking was the worst part when we moved. But I did come across some memories that I've almost forgot about. Last year, my BF and I took of on a motorcycle and went cross country. It was the most amazing experience of my life. (more stories to come) One of the stops was Marfa, Texas and lets just say Texas was most memorable. If you look closely, you can see how weighed down we were traveling 2Up on a motorcycle. Shout out to all the riders out there!!!



1 comment:

  1. Love this collage - all the colors, the composition! Hope you have a lovely weekend dear x

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete